Monday 1 August 2011

My wife and I will inevitably have this exchange today



















At one point today I will say "The Red Sox and the Yankees are starting soon."

To which my wife will say "I thought they played yesterday."

And I will say "They did. And they are playing again today."

And she will ask "Why are they playing again?"

And I will answer "Because they play 3 games series with each other."

And she will shake her head and say "They should just play one game. It's too confusing."


This exchange has happened every single time the Red Sox and Yankees have played during our nearly 7 years of marriage.

And we'll have the same conversation TOMORROW when the Sox and Yankees play again.

You would think she would have detected a pattern by now.

(Actually it is a FOUR game series this time... I have a feeling Monday will spark an even more confusion.)





Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment